Once you have targeted the right audience and written an enticing ad that encourages click-throughs, how do you convert the clicks that you get into customers?
The page that customers arrive at when they click on an ad is crucial to the task of converting visitors into sales. The page must do the following:
- Follow up on the advertisement - answer the question that was posed or deliver on the promise made on the ad
- Provide quality information about your product, service or offer
- Encourage visitors to do something.
You won't be able to achieve this if you don't establish credibility and trust to your visitor. How?
Here are some things you can do:
- Show the logos of recognised companies you do business with - well known brands or suppliers are worth mentioning as this helps establish that you are legitimate
- Show the logos of the security features that are associated with your website. If your site is protected by SSL encryption, then show the logo of your SSL provider
- Show the logos of the payment methods you accept - this makes it clear what payment methods you accept and sets visitor expectations
- Show the logos of industry associations you belong to
- Create a page about the payment methods you accept and the shipping methods you accept and link to it from your payment page (or use icons to make this clear as well)
- Your landing page is focused on getting a click through, but remember who will click through and provide personal information if they're not sure they can trust you? Logos are a visual aid that helps create familiarity and stimulate liking. It can help you convert visitors into sales.